Camden Experience


  • When you enroll your child in a public school for the first time, you’ll need to provide proof of eligibility, such as age and residency.

    • Acceptable proof of age includes a birth certificate, passport, hospital record of live birth, legal document, or an official document from another country. 

    • Acceptable proof of residency includes a current lease, property tax notice, homeowner’s insurance bill, mortgage statement, current vehicle registration form, any utility bill listing your residence as the service address, a letter from a shelter, or a letter from your employer, if your employer provides housing.

  • Health records, such as hearing, vision, dental, and nutrition examination certificates as well as immunization records, are required. Forms to be completed by a county health department or your health care provider can be downloaded from the Georgia Department of Education website.

  • You will also have to prove that you are the child’s parent or legal guardian.

  • If your child is transferring schools, you’ll need to provide previous school records, such as report cards, transcripts, and discipline records.